Can You Put Blinds On French Doors?
May 05 2023French doors are now common in homes throughout the UK. Offering easy access to the garden and the outdoors, they are perfect for helping you and your family enjoy the spring and summer months. But what about controlling light and privacy? Can you put blinds over French doors? The answer is a resounding yes. Whether you want to hang blinds in front of your French doors or keep things sleek and tidy with blinds fitted to the doors themselves, there are plenty of options open to you. This month at Your Blinds Direct, we’ve created a short guide that details which blinds best suit French doors, the benefits and how to choose the right blinds for your French doors.
Benefits of blinds on French doorsChoosing blinds for your French doors comes with a variety of benefits, making it an easy decision to make. These include:
- Elegant and stylish finish - Matching both the colour and style of your blinds to your décor helps to complete the look of any room featuring French doors.
- Privacy and light control - Because French doors are constructed with large windows, you need a simple solution for controlling how much light you let into your home, as well as to block the view into your home.
- Energy efficiency - Blinds can help to keep any room featuring French doors cooler in summer and warmer in winter, benefiting the planet and keeping your energy costs down.
- Easy access to your outdoor space - Depending on the style you choose, you can either raise or slide your blinds away to create a quick and easy way to make the most of your garden or outdoor area.
Best blinds for French doorsYour choice of blinds for French doors can help you create the dream home, especially with our wide range of materials and colours available here at Your Blinds Direct. Let’s take a look at the blinds best suited for pairing with French doors.
Perfect Fit Venetian blinds
Combining the luxury feel and control of Venetian blinds, but fitting neatly into the windows of your French doors, this is the most effective option. Providing a sleek finish, without any need to manoeuvre the blinds when you want to open the doors, it’s easy to see why this style is so popular. Add a fresh feeling to your home with Perfect Fit Venetian blinds in Willow Green.
Vertical blindsWhen you prefer to have a level of coverage from floor to ceiling, vertical blinds offer everything you need. Easy to rotate to adjust the lighting, you can also slide them aside when you want access to your doors at the height of summer. Try pairing our Shannon Charcoal vertical blinds with your doors.
Roman blindsBecause Roman blind materials are often thicker, they are an excellent option if you’re concerned about energy efficiency. They are also perfect for fully blocking out light and the view into your home since they’re affixed to your doors above the windows where you can easily raise or lower them. Enhance your French doors with our Macy Zest Roman blinds.
Roller blindsOne of the easiest blinds to use, roller blinds also present an affordable way to style your French doors. Take control over lighting and privacy with simple controls. Add a touch of sunshine to your space with our Kenzo Sunny Day roller blinds.
Allusion blindsSharing similar qualities to vertical blinds, Allusion blinds from Louvolite have an extra luxurious feel to them. Almost seeming to float in place, you can easily move this blind style aside or walk through the material unimpeded, making them ideal for fitting in front of French doors. Complement your interior with the Vista Cinder Grey Allusion blinds for your French doors.
How to choose the right blinds for French doorsChoosing your blinds for French doors might seem overwhelming having viewed the choices on offer, but as with any home interior décor decision, it’s crucial to match your blinds to your requirements. Keep in mind some of the following factors that could influence the blinds you opt for:
- Space - Are your French doors in a small room that you want to make feel bigger? You might want to consider Perfect Fit blinds to help maximise space around your doors.
- Functionality - Do you need constant access through your French doors? This could mean Allusion blinds, which are easy to step through, are the ideal choice.
- Privacy - Are your French doors overlooked by neighbouring properties? Choosing a thicker, fuller blind material can help you maintain privacy when you need it.